Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

access the BGInfo command line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: access the BGInfo command line
    Posted: 03 July 2005 at 10:03am
Okay so I feel like a complete idiot but could someone please explain to me where I access the command line from?
I place either the executable or a shortcut to it in my start-up file but then where do I enter the command line switches? Do I add them to the "Start In" line on the property's page or what?

I'm sorry for being such a lamer and really do appreciate anyone giving me some assistance

Thanks
Chuck
xrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 2:07pm
put the executable somewhere else and create a shortcut to it in your startup folder. right-click the shortcut, choose Properties. then you should get a window with the shortcut's properties. add the command line switches and the end of the target line.

HTH,

-- Andreas
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:38pm
scmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 12:00pm

I tried to do this as the administrator for other users, but I can't seem to get it to work the way I want. I want it to display some of the basic options saved in my "config.bgi" file to the desktop to every user that gets created, but I want it to run in the background without the program to come up with the 10 second timer. I use the c:\bginfo\bginfo.exe c:\bginfo\config.bgi /timer:0 and I also tried to and tried the /all, which I thought these switches would disable the 10 second option and allow all the users to have this come up automatically. 

Also, is the shortcut suppose to be linked to the bginfo.exe or the config.bgi file? I've tried both and come up short of what I want.

What is a more detailed and defined solution? Also how and what is the registry fix to allow the (Which one)"bgfinfo.exe or config.bgi" to configure the options to come up for each user?

fedoraboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedoraboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 4:49pm
I would try using a batch file.
I had problems with the shortcut.

FedoraBoy
chuckco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 8:05pm

Sorry it took so long to respond... Thank You Very Much for helping me..

Chuck

Chuck
jrentschler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrentschler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 11:12am
I had the same problem with the Timer and found that if you just put the" /timer" switch without any further parameters, it skips the timer altogether.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic