Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BGINFO on Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 12:25am
 Try this for the IP address:
' Special BGInfo Script
' Network Enabled Address IP4 v2.3
' Programmed by WindowsStar - Free to Use (c) 2009-2013
' --------------------------------------------------------
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * From Win32_NetworkAdapter WHERE NetConnectionStatus=2")
For Each objItem in colItems
If objItem.MACAddress <> NUL Then strMACAddress = strMACAddress & objItem.MACAddress & "#"
Next
strMACAddresses = Split(strMACAddress,"#")
Set colNetCard = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * From Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration where IPEnabled=TRUE")
For I = 0 to UBound(strMACAddresses)
For Each objNetCard in colNetCard
If objNetCard.MACAddress = strMACAddresses(I) Then
For Each strIPAddress in objNetCard.IPAddress
If InStr(strIPAddress,".") Then
If InStr(arrIPAddress,strIPAddress) = 0 Then Echo strIPAddress
arrIPAddress = strIPAddress & " "
End If
Next
End If
Next
Next
DHeshMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHeshMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 4:30pm
The solution was a bit more "low-tech" than that.  Once I plugged in an Ethernet cable to the PC the BGInfo started working fine.  The only concern was that I had hard-coded the IP Address so I thought it would show up right away.  This eluded to a problem that I was having with another software package as well that required an active IP Address.  So plugging in the network fixed both packages.

Thanks
kfeina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfeina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 9:07pm
Hello,

I will try to respond your points:

#1 In my opinion is easy to configure: edit CUSTOM.CONF and play with the options.

#2 It supports PowerShell, VBScript, Registry, WMI, etc. Take a loot at the FAQ:

http://sourceforge.net/p/bginfo4x/wiki/Documentation/#can-i-use-powershell-with-bginfo4x

http://sourceforge.net/p/bginfo4x/wiki/Documentation/#can-i-use-windows-scripting-host-whs-with-bginfo4x

http://sourceforge.net/p/bginfo4x/wiki/Documentation/#can-i-use-windows-management-instrumentation-wmi-with-bginfo4x

http://sourceforge.net/p/bginfo4x/wiki/Documentation/#can-i-use-windows-registry-functions-with-bginfo4x

#3 What do you mean with "Domain with restrictions"?

#4 Does not follow Microsoft Standards.  Perhaps, but it is open source.

#5 Uses CygWin (many known issues, plus it installs off the root of C: huge no no).

You can install Cygwin on another drive if you want, and the possibilities for administering a Windows machine if you have cygwin installed are endless.

Your comments are welcome.

Regards.

bond06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bond06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2014 at 2:58am
Windows 7 BGINFO

The trick is to delete the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg in the user profile first then bginfo.exe will work. Or the whatever background is being used in the user profile.

Here is the bat file I use for User Configuration Group Policy login script.

del %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper.jpg
bginfo.exe \\FQDN\NETLOGON\BGInfo\bginfo.bgi /timer:8 /nolicprompt /silent

I also enabled Loop back processing on the Computer Side Group Policy since many users use the same pc in one day  in our environment. (this doesn't really matter) just fyi.

or

sleep 10

del %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper.jpg
bginfo.exe \\FQDN\NETLOGON\BGInfo\bginfo.bgi /timer:0 /nolicprompt /silent

Edited by bond06 - 11 June 2014 at 4:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic