Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BGInfo POP[S]UP when TASKBAR switch is set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sysinternals4mfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BGInfo POP[S]UP when TASKBAR switch is set
    Posted: 08 October 2012 at 5:16pm
Hello I have a bit trouble with bginfo in mode /TASKBAR when i start it starts in the taskbar and starts a POPUP
"bginfo.exe client.bgi /TASKBAR"

I saw in the forum that this guy http://forum.sysinternals.com/bginfo-on-windows-7_topic27723.html has the same problem. But there was no answer.

So I investigated a bit deeper.

The Beep and the Popup only appears if I hat a Custom Field with a WMI Query or a VB File in the *.bgi.

Do you have any hint for me how i can fix this?

Thx Marco

Edited by sysinternals4mfe - 08 October 2012 at 5:17pm
aaronmar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaronmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 3:05am
When I tested, I found that /taskbar implies /popup, at least in the current version.  The Sysinternals Reference (see my signature) says that /taskbar is used only with /popup.
-- Aaron Margosis (Microsoft)
co-author of The Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference.
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Sysinternals-Administrators-Reference-Russinovich/dp/073565672X
sysinternals4mfe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sysinternals4mfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 7:07am
Hello Aaron,

but when you have no custom fields (WMI or VB) the /TASKBAR option is working.
You can see that the POPUP appears for a short second and disappears.

That is a hint that you are right, but there seems to be a mechanism that the popup will be closed immediately.
Because I'm a bit helpless a I wrote a autoit-script with a workaround for that mechanism.

$SCRIPT = "bginfo.exe client.bgi /TASKBAR /NOLICPROMPT /SILENT"
    Run($SCRIPT)
    $TITLE = "BGInfo"
    WinWait($TITLE,"",4)
    ControlSend( $TITLE,"","","!{F4}")

aaronmar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaronmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 6:55pm
I'm seeing that too.  If the *.bgi contains definitions for custom fields (whether they are on the display or not), then the popup always appears.  I told Mark about it.
-- Aaron Margosis (Microsoft)
co-author of The Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference.
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Sysinternals-Administrators-Reference-Russinovich/dp/073565672X
WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 8:33am
Originally posted by aaronmar aaronmar wrote:

I'm seeing that too.  If the *.bgi contains definitions for custom fields (whether they are on the display or not), then the popup always appears.  I told Mark about it.
Yay! Thank you so very much! We really BGInfo updated! -WS
sysinternals4mfe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sysinternals4mfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 8:28pm
Big thx for your time to notice that problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic