Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > PsTools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHANGE PASSWORD THROUGH REMOTE DESKTOP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MA-KO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHANGE PASSWORD THROUGH REMOTE DESKTOP
    Posted: 30 September 2012 at 5:27am
Hi there everyone!
I'm just a newbie on this forum and I was amazed how you guys answer each others' questions and posts.

Anyway, i really need help from you guys..
My story goes this way..
I am a seafarer and I left my laptop(Windows 7) at home for my kids to use but unfortunately I forgot to change the internet settings(kids not supposed to see) and erase scary, heavy blooded movies and etc.

My question is, is it possible for me to change my administrator password and create another user account instead or enable the "guest" account using remote desktop connection?

I haven't tried using remote desktop yet but i've search the net and found how to do it(below) but I am not sure if i could change the settings.. please help.. thank you in advance guys..

WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 5:59am
Just use TeamViewer. Have someone on your home computer go to: www.teamviewer.com and set it up. Then they can email, call , text, etc. (give you the computer ID and password somehow). Then on your computer go to: www.teamviewer.com run the software (you don't have to install it if you are on a computer that you are not allowed to install software on) once the software starts enter the ID and password. Now you have complete remote control of your home computer. Good Luck! -WS
MA-KO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MA-KO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 2:55am
thank you WindowStar.. Your suggestion works perfectly! 
WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by MA-KO MA-KO wrote:

thank you WindowStar.. Your suggestion works perfectly! 

I am glad that worked!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic