Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Monitor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

** Feature request list **

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 8:10pm
Double click to open dir/reg!

Who wants to view properties?
jbs123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 8:34am
Better CLE support. This is an awesome tool that would make it even better if we had even more control from the command line.
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 7:18pm
Hi Josh,

FWIW, Bryce has posted some notes on using the latest version of Process Monitor, 1.23, in a batch file:

Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
jbs123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 7:24am
Thanks

Edited by jbs123 - 01 October 2007 at 12:45pm
SystemPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SystemPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 4:50am
Any kind of hint that is able to explain the <unknown>īs (what the hell are these stack unknowns, there should be a hint to this root of <unknown>(evil)??) I doubt that I am the only one that experiences these unknown kernel/ntdll stacks(7c81..).

I really appreciate procmon but I hate <unknown> stacks!!!!!

Edited by SystemPro - 05 October 2007 at 4:54am
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 5:08pm
"<unknown>" in a stack trace means that the address comes from a location that does not correspond to the address space of any loaded DLL. You should never see it in normal applications. However, up until the last version it was possible to get these if you stopped capturing before procmon had a chance to resolve all DLL info for all processes.
SystemPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SystemPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 5:52am
Quote "<unknown>" in a stack trace means that the address comes from a location that does not correspond to the address space of any loaded DLL. You should never see it in normal applications. However, up until the last version it was possible to get these if you stopped capturing before procmon had a chance to resolve all DLL info for all processes.
Thanks for this information, so until 1.25 this could happen and should be solved now in general?! So maybe I should stop capturing before I go to stack summary but this didnīt help in case of msimn <unknown> 7c81 and still occurs in v.1.25.

Edited by SystemPro - 09 October 2007 at 6:17am
jboucher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jboucher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:09am
I would like to see a feature that would allow you to monitor the install of an application (much like InCtrl from PCMag does).  You could tell ProcMon to monitor a particular process and its children.  With filtering and unique values one could then extract the necessary install info.  However even nicer if ProcMon could then report the files/folders that were created or changed, as well as the registry entries that were created or changed.
jbs123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 11:16am
jboucher,

Thats what I am using (well trying to) procmon for. I have everything but the registry figured out and hoping the procmon would solve that.

Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 2:16am
Any chance of adding in the ability to output the events to file/database in real time?

I do not mean just saving what ever is shown into a file.

I meant keeping Process Monitor running and output thing the captured events to file/database.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic