Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - File Not Found, but %Path% not taken in to account
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

File Not Found, but %Path% not taken in to account

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Blackburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: File Not Found, but %Path% not taken in to account
    Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:24pm
The following is being reported as file not found: 
Cmd.exe /c start "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe" aml

However, Cmd.exe can easily be found if AutoRuns referenced my %path% system variable, cmd.exe is located at C:\Windows\System32\Cmd.exe

Please fix this.  

With or without this bug I love AutoRuns and am pretty sure I have used it for over a decade!  

Thanks,
Christian Blackburn
Fast and Friendly Computer Repair
Thanks,
Christian Blackburn
janebush08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janebush08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 3:20pm
even i am facing same problem.... anybody there to help out..
sfeldner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfeldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 8:42am
The %PATH% has nothing to do with this entry as "cmd.exe" is not the "File Not Found".  In this case the "File not Found" is "start" which is a windows shell built-in and which won't be found as it is not an .exe...  There is, however, a bug with the display of this command.  Autoruns should recognize a "start" statement and read the file name from its argument.  On the other hand, using a "start" command is poor programming practice.

If you want to get rid of the display bug, just remove everything from the command except for the last file and path name -- "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe" aml
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic