Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Explorer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GPU Engine 0 cannot be disabled.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalzekdor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPU Engine 0 cannot be disabled.
    Posted: 10 March 2013 at 10:28am
In the GPU tab of the System Information dialog, when selecting GPU Engines to use to base the total % usage off of, if you do not check Engine 0, but do check another Engine that has activity, Process Explorer will incorrectly display GPU usage to be always 0.0%, regardless of the actual engine usage.

For example, let's say I have Engines 0, 1, and 2. Engine 0 is not being used (0.0% utilization). Engine 1 is running at a constant 100% utilization. Engine 2 is also not being used. If I select Engines 0 and 1, the GPU usage displayed will be 50%. If I select 0, 1, and 2, the usage displayed will be 33%. So far this is all as expected. When I select only Engine 1, however, the usage displayed is 0.0%, not the expected 100%. Selecting Engines 1 and 2 also yields 0%. Something is treating Engine 0 special in Process Explorer's GPU usage calculation.

I have verified this bug in v15.3 running Windows Server 2012.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic