Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Explorer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to deinstall or reset processexplorer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saschenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to deinstall or reset processexplorer
    Posted: 25 April 2011 at 2:16pm
Hello,

how can i deinstall or reset processexplorer because the main-window is
not  as i want to have it.

I cannot see the process trees and these option are in gray scale inthe view-options :(

How can i deinstall the hole sys.int.suite?

greets

Sascha

SvenBomwollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenBomwollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 4:33pm
Hello, Sascha.

Quote how can i deinstall or reset processexplorer because the main-window is
not  as i want to have it.
I cannot see the process trees and these option are in gray scale inthe view-options :(

In order to solve this problem, instead of uninstalling Process Explorer, proceed like this:
  • Terminate Process Explorer.
  • Launch regedit, navigate to HKCU\Software\Sysinternals. Remove the complete registry subfolder "Process Explorer". Terminate regedit.

• Launch Process Explorer. The process tree will be visible again.

• Note: this procedure has been explained at minimum a dozen times in the past few years and might have been found using the forum search function. Wink

In order to uninstall Process Explorer proceed like this:
  • Provided you have configured P.E. to replace the Windows task manager, use P.E. to revoke this step.

• Terminate Process Explorer.
  • Launch regedit, navigate to HKCU\Software\Sysinternals. Remove the complete registry subfolder "Process Explorer". Terminate regedit.

• Navigate to the folder where the files procexp.exe and procexp.chm are located. Remove these files. If the folder is empty now, feel free to remove the folder as well.

• Uninstallation done.

Quote How can i deinstall the hole sys.int.suite?

• Terminate all Sysinternals programmes.

• Launch regedit, navigate to HKCU\Software. Remove the complete registry subfolder "Sysinternals". Terminate regedit.

• Navigate to the folder where you stored all the Sysinternals executable and helpfiles. Remove all these files. If the folder is empty now, feel free to remove the folder as well.

• Uninstallation of the whole Sysinternals Suite done.

HTH,
SvenBomwollen

Edited by SvenBomwollen - 25 April 2011 at 4:34pm
Saschenka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saschenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 2:01pm
Hi Sven,

thank you a lot. Works great :))

Now i am very happy again ;)

Thank you for your good explanation and the time you spend...

Kind regards

Sascha

SvenBomwollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenBomwollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 11:00pm
Hello, Sascha.
You're welcome. Smile
SvenBomwollen

bananapie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 11:41am

What a rude and arrogant reply: "Note: this procedure has been explained at minimum a dozen times in the past few years and might have been found using the forum search function."  The reason it needs to be explained is that it is a sh*tty procedure.

If this application was in any way cognizant of user interface interaction it would not allow the user to mess up their display options so much that a regedit was required.

How about a 'reset to default' option in the toolbar?

wj32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wj32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by bananapie bananapie wrote:

What a rude and arrogant reply: "Note: this procedure has been explained at minimum a dozen times in the past few years and might have been found using the forum search function."  The reason it needs to be explained is that it is a sh*tty procedure.

SvenBomwollen is not the developer of Process Explorer, and SvenBomwollen is not obliged to help anyone with issues relating to Process Explorer. It is a basic rule of the Internet to check if your question has been answered already before asking it.
PH, a free and open source process viewer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic