Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to install Bginfo on all domain computers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajeshnayyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to install Bginfo on all domain computers
    Posted: 13 February 2009 at 6:56pm
Hi Guys

I am new to this FIeld , i want to install the bginfo on all the computers in the domain without actually going on to all the machines and install can anyone tell me the step by step procedure to do this or send me the script and how and where to copy that script so that it works....any help will be really appriciated..
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 3:05pm
Hi Rajesh,

Wonder if anthrg's post here might be of interest...
Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
rajeshnayyar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajeshnayyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 8:17pm
i copy the script but it gave me this error

can not find the configuration file "timer:0.bgi"
do you want to creat a new file
after press yes

it says you may not specify more than one configuration file to use. Additionals files will be ignored.

thanks for you response....

rajesh
john5614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john5614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 10:15pm
//Server/NETLOGON/bginfo.exe //server/NETLOGoN/bginfo.bgi \timer:0 \NOLICPROMPT \silent
SvenBomwollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenBomwollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 10:53pm
The problem with anthrg's commandline which you quote is that the backslashes must be slashes and vice versa. So the commandline must read:
Quote \\Server\NETLOGON\bginfo.exe \\server\NETLOGoN\bginfo.bgi /timer:0 /NOLICPROMPT /silent

SvenBomwollen

john5614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john5614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 10:56pm
exact SvenBomwollen
SvenBomwollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenBomwollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 11:01pm
Hi, john5614.

I see, you quoted the commandline to show that backslashes and slashes had been confused. You might have said so in a short statement. Wink

SvenBomwollen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajeshnayyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 11:11pm
thank you guys, since i named the configuration file as config.bgi should not my script should read \\Server\NETLOGON\bginfo.exe \\server\NETLOGoN\config.bgi /timer:0 /NOLICPROMPT /silent

if i am doing this then i dont get any error but nothing happen either as it should display system information

if i am using this script
\\Server\NETLOGON\bginfo.exe \\server\NETLOGoN\bginfo.bgi /timer:0 /NOLICPROMPT /silent 

then i am getting error that bginfo.bgi dont exist ....is there anything else to troubleshoot for this , the user i am trying has local admin right on the machine in which he is logging in...thanks for ur response.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajeshnayyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 11:15pm
Hey guys

it start working i just removed the timer:0 switch from there and it start working....may be i was not giving it enough time or something but it works really well now....thank you all for your help

rajesh
anthrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 6:24am
Rajesh,

Nice to hear that you got the script to work, sorry if my mistake had wasted your time, I should have been more careful while writing that post.  Confused

regards
Ananth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic