Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meaning of the colors / file not found

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptulkens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meaning of the colors / file not found
    Posted: 25 March 2012 at 8:25am
Hi,

I started using Autoruns (very nice program) and have two simple (probably stupid) questions

a) what is the  meaning of the colors.  Some of the items I see are highlighted in pink (for instance, in the logon tab, "UnlockerAssistant ... c:\program files\unlocker\unlockerassistant.exe".  What does it mean exactly ?  Is is only because the description and and the publisher are missing ?

b) for some items, I see "file not found".  For instance, in the driver tab:  "PCIDump ...         File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PCIDump.sys" (this item is also highlighted in pink).  May I deleted and/or untick this item ?

SakisCookie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SakisCookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 5:20pm
If you look around the forum, you'll find the answer.

Both of these things mean the program isn't verified. That doesn't necessarily make it a BAD program. It just means the code signature isn't verified.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic