Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows Discussions > Troubleshooting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NonPaged memory in Task Manager and memsnap differ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NonPaged memory in Task Manager and memsnap differ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesse01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NonPaged memory in Task Manager and memsnap differ
    Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:11am
Hi,

I think there is a memory leak on my system which I'm trying to investigate. System is Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86. I noticed strange thing. Task Manager shows about 240 MB of NonPaged kernel memory is used. At the same time when I analyze the results of memsnap.exe utility, the sum of all nonpaged allocations is significantly less, it is about 178 MB (I sum the results of memsnap output obtained with -p and -m switches).
I tried to use memsnap with -a swicth to track what leaks the memory, but the problem is that its result shows just little difference between snapshots, while I see in Task Manager that NonPaged memory usage has significantly increased. So, I'm unable to track what causes the leak.
The poolmon output also doesn't change significantly from reboot time to time when I get 2019 event.
What could it be? Maybe there still exists unnamed (untagged) allocations which memsnap doesn't show?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic