Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Explorer
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Private Bytes&Working Set colums return wrong info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Private Bytes&Working Set colums return wrong info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private Bytes&Working Set colums return wrong info
    Posted: 06 December 2012 at 3:00am

Hello,

I'm glad to be here, as a LONG time user of procexp, but first time visitor of the forums.

My issue is with the two columns mentioned in the title. They give very strange info, and most definitely incorrect. I will atach a screen capture with some values, it will speak better than words.

I might be extremely stupid, but I couldn't find any preference/setting to modify to fix it.

I am using procexp on a Pentium SandyBridge laptop with 4 GB RAM, running Comodo Internet Security, if important. procexp is a Trusted app. It runs as a task after 30 secs of delay after login, with the /t /e arguments.

Please take a look at the mentioned columns format and maybe extend a helping hand. They've worked properly, I've only remarked this issue for a day maybe two. Have no idea what causes it (obviously).

Thank you!

wj32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote wj32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 10:30am
What number format is your computer using? For example, do you write one thousand as "1,000" or "1.000"?
PH, a free and open source process viewer.
Undon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 10:58am

Oh damn :( Now I remember.

I've changed the Region&Language>Formats/Additional Settings/Decimal Symbol to "." from "," This way I was able to use the dot "." on the numerical keypad for Photoshop when entering values in fields. It is the only app from Adobe's Creative Suite 6 that doesn't want to understand the dot. So amazingly stupid, after getting used in Illustrator or Indesign with the quick dot, then switch to PS for the comma.

Anyway, I have just reset the field in Decimal Symbol to its original comma value and restarted procexp, and surely it shows the values properly :)

Is there anyway I could have both the dot in PS and procexp functioning properly? I know it's not the subject of the forum, but it's worth mentioning since you sure seem to know the situation.

And thanks a lot for pointing the problem out!

wj32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wj32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 11:49am
I can't remember where this was originally posted, but it's a known (and very old) bug that obviously hasn't been fixed. I guess you'll have to email Mark Russinovich and ask him that question.
PH, a free and open source process viewer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic