Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rdpclip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genej101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rdpclip
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:57pm
I just downloaded the latest version of Autoruns and noticed that it says rdpclip can't be found.  I know this is an Autoruns issue because I can find the file, it is in the Windows\winsxs directory.  File is used for remote desktop services, which I don't normally use on a home pc, but do when connecting to HP support for assistance with something.  So, my question is how do I tell Autoruns where the file is?  
SvenBomwollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenBomwollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 12:08am
Hello, genej101.
Quote So, my question is how do I tell Autoruns where the file is? 
Not at all. There is no way of teaching Autoruns. Just ignore that Autoruns tells you "file not found".

SvenBomwollen

Edited by SvenBomwollen - 13 June 2011 at 12:09am
rroberto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rroberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 10:43pm
How can you  "ignore" the "file not found" message and still control it with Autoruns?

Logically, if it can't be found, it can't be disabled. Or can it?
Noxiuoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noxiuoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 10:48pm
I think Autoruns works in the Registry. the Registry may contain the refrence where Autoruns cannot discern the file location. That is just a guess though.
Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 11:21pm
I see this rdclip thing alot these days too. It doesn't seem to be doing jacksh*t! You could always try disabling it and see what happens? Now do I practice what I try and preach? Hell yes, I tried disabling this thing and-POOF!- nothing happened, or so it seems. I don't see a difference,or perhaps I'm not yet strong enough in the force.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic