Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RDPCLIP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gesztesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RDPCLIP
    Posted: 09 March 2006 at 10:51am
After upgrade to autoruns 8.5, a entry named RDPCLIP appeared as a Logon item. What's that ?

I deleted the entry with no apparent problem.
namrehto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namrehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 10:59am
Originally posted by gesztesi gesztesi wrote:

After upgrade to autoruns 8.5, a entry named RDPCLIP appeared as a Logon item.

In HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms?

rdpclip - rdpclip.exe - Process Information

Process File: rdpclip.exe
  Process Name: File Copy

Description: rdpclip.exe is the executable for File Copy. It is provides function for Terminal Services server that allows you to copy and paste between server and client. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Gil
gesztesi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gesztesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:24am
Well, I never needed RDPCLIP before, it just appeared after AUTORUNS. And normal installation of Windows don't use it.
namrehto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namrehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 10:17am
Quote it just appeared after AUTORUNS

Autoruns 8.5 searches some additional areas that 8.4x didn't, which is why this item now shows. It's present on my XP machines.
Gil
Karlchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2006 at 3:16pm
Hi, gesztesi.

If your machine acts as a Terminal Server, i.e. someone else connects to your machine using Remote Desktop, then rdpclip.exe will be loaded on your machine as part of the Terminal Server functionality.

This is why you normally will not see it very often.

Karl

he_is_me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote he_is_me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:17pm
hi all, I've got the same "problem" (it seems that it's no real issue, from what I read here), and I was just wondering whether I could disable rdpclip.exe since I'm not using Remote Desktop.
Karlchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:05pm
Hi, he_is_me or who_ever_you_are

If you just untick the entry inside autoruns, i.e. you just disable it, you can simply tick it again, i.e. enable it, if you should find out one day you need it.

So disabling it will do no harm and can be undone easily.
(This is true for RDPCLIP, but not for many other entries.)

And once again:
RDPCLIP is not loaded on the client side, i.e. not on the machine using Remote Desktop to connect to a remote machine.
RDSCLIP is loaded on the machine allowing other machines to connect via Remote Desktop.

Karl

Edited by Karlchen - 16 March 2006 at 3:09pm
raylab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raylab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 5:58am
I too have the RDPCLIP executable in my startup: Is this a valid app for XP, or is it only required for W2k server?  I do use Remote Desktop to access both the server and clients from within our LAN, and even have one W2k client on the WAN side that user remote desktop to acess the server...

Thanks in advance...
Ray L.

kermit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 6:47pm
I found rdpclip.exe suddenly appeared in autoruns. My monitor horizontal hold every now and again independently started shifting the screen so I lost the right part of the image. I deleted rdpclip (as it was the only new thing I could see) and the monitor screen started acting normally. But then the desktop taskbar altered its settings.
Kermit
12AX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12AX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2007 at 6:03pm
I know this is an old thread, but I just had rdpclip start running under odd circumstances also, after never having seen it before. 

It appears - correct me if I'm wrong - but finding rdpclip running on your machine means someone else is operating your machine remotely, right?

I would think this is a serious problem if you didn't know it was happening... as far as I know, I was careful to DISABLE remote desktop as thoroughly as practical when I installed XP.

Are there any other reasons it might start running one day without an explicit command from the user?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic