Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Safe to delete jp2ssv.dll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stocktiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safe to delete jp2ssv.dll
    Posted: 24 August 2010 at 5:27am
Hoping a Windows expert can offer advice.
Want to get Java completely off a PC running Windows 7 Home Premium. Ran uninstall of the Java application using Programs and Features.
But even after the uninstall, Java (tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper still appears in Internet Explorer's Tools>Manage Add-ons. IE points to a path that no longer exists, C:\program files\java\jre6\bin. Under More Information for the Add-on, the Remove button is gray and not available. The Add-on is disabled, but it would be nice to remove it altogether.
Ran AutoRuns 10.02 and clicked on the Internet Explorer tab. In the list of entries, Java (tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper appears. Image path says: "File not found..."
Here's the question. Is it safe to delete the Java (tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper enter using Autoruns - or will that destabilize IE?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
SvenBomwollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenBomwollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 10:54pm
Hello, stocktiki.

In this particular case it is safe to delete the entry with the help of Autoruns.
If you wish to be extra careful:
+ disable the entry with the help of Autoruns
+ wait a few days to verify that I.E. has not been negatively affected
+ remove the entry  with the help of Autoruns

Kind regards,
SvenBomwollen

Mili H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mili H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:51pm
Hi,
I know this thread is quite old, yet, what if I'm getting this unfound error with the Java (tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper each time I open my Iexplorer? is it true that it might be a defective registry entry related to the Java tm Plug-in 2 ssv Helper jp2ssv.dll that cuases this error so no matter what I try, I need to fix this entry?
Thanks,
Mili.
SvenBomwollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvenBomwollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 12:05am
Hello, Mili.

The answer to your question has been given above, hasn't it?

SvenBomwollen

Edited by SvenBomwollen - 13 June 2011 at 12:05am
Mili H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mili H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 1:48pm

Hi SvenBomwollen,

Strange, but it stopped for a couple of days now...I'll wait and see if it returns, if so I'll then definitely try your advice.

Thanks anyway, Smile

Mili.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic