Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show all profiles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ixne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show all profiles?
    Posted: 11 January 2012 at 2:24pm

Several recent malware releases appear to only install into the current user's profile. However, when I use autoruns under the Administrator account, it doesn't appear to show what loads under the other profiles on the system; is there some way to get it to do this? Thanks.  

Edited by Ixne - 11 January 2012 at 2:24pm
Dax1792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dax1792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 2:37pm
Click 'Run as Administrator' in the File menu. You then get a 'User' menu on the toolbar which allows you to select which user you want to look at. 
burningteufel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningteufel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:44pm
What Dax1792 said.

That feature it's very useful to spot and delete malware who loads only in a particular profile, for example rogue antivirus.

You can also consider the possibility of using Autoruns with its "analyze offline system" capabilities from a PE live environment to spot and delete stubborn malware.

Edited by burningteufel - 11 January 2012 at 3:45pm
“Windows is what you open when you want fresh air from outside"
Ixne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ixne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 12:24pm
  Great, thanks!
davehull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 12:04am
The command line version of Autoruns has an option to pull data for all profiles via the * for username. Dump the output to a csv file and load in Excel for review.
Ixne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ixne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 1:04pm

Thanks... I've tried the command line using the command below, but it still only appears to show the active profile. What am I doing wrong?

autorunsc.exe -m -v -accepteula -a * > "C:\temp\autoruns_output\autoruns_remote.csv"

davehull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 2:33pm
You need single quotes on either side of the asterisk, try it with '*'
Ixne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ixne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2012 at 2:18pm

Still no joy; here's where the rub seems to be: I'm trying to pass this command through PSEXEC so that it's executed remotely (executed as a domain admin, so I don't think credentials are the issue) thusly:

cmd /x /c psexec.exe \\%E% -accepteula -c autorunsc.exe -m -v -accepteula -a '*' > "C:\temp\autoruns_output\autoruns_remote.csv"

davehull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2012 at 2:45pm
Hm, you might try your psexec with a -s so it runs commands on the remote host as system. Also, I know from experience that /accepteula works with autorunsc, not sure about -accepteula.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic