Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > PsTools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Legal aspects of using PsExec in a corp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvr02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legal aspects of using PsExec in a corp
    Posted: 25 July 2006 at 11:17am
Are these applications / utilities available to use for free within a corporation or is there another application / utility set that I would need to purchase to be compliant?
Karlchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 1:45pm
Hello, pvr02.

I suggest you read this thread, Licensing Terms & Fees, where you will find the Sysinternals license terms, dated July 18th, 2006, as opposed to the Sysinternals license terms, dated February 11th, 2006.

From my unprofessional point of view (and I am dead sure there are some lawyers out there disagreeing with me), I would say this:

If you downloaded your Sysinternals utilities before July 18th, 2006, and if the download files still hold the previous license terms, by using the utilities, you accepted those terms and they should still apply.

If, however, you downloaded your Sysinternals utilities after July 17th, 2006, and if the download files hold the new license terms, bad luck, you are restricted to evaluating the utilities for free, I guess.

Apart from this, I would like to repeat my advice given in the mentioned thread:
Quote I would recommend to try and contact syslic@microsoft.com about any license and price question.

NOTE:
This post expresses my personal point of view only.

Karl

Karlchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 4:42pm
Hello, folks.

Good news as far as the Sysinternals license terms are concerned (and some more things, so do read Mark's blog about his first week in Redmond).

And have a look at the modified license terms, as well.

Karl
steely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Karlchen Karlchen wrote:

Hello, folks.

Good news as far as the Sysinternals license terms are concerned (and some more things, so do read Mark's blog about his first week in Redmond).

And have a look at the modified license terms, as well.

Karl

Yes! That is good news. Very glad to hear it!Clap
cheers,
-steely
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic