Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Explorer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

** Feature Requests **

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ** Feature Requests **
    Posted: 05 August 2006 at 4:49am
Thought it might be a good idea to have an overview of threads holding feature requests.
Makes it easier to find out if a request has already been made.
(The requests have been made by various users.)

This thread is meant to give an overview.
Therefore, please, discuss the feature requests in their appropriate threads.
Feel free, though, to add links to other P.E. feature requests which are not listed, yet.
And note:
There is no warranty that the requests in this list will be implemented, because only the programme author can decide.

Karl
--
P.S.:
When the list was started, I thought it might be a good idea to arrange it according to the topics the requests covered. Now I am wondering if I should not sort them in alphabetical order simply.

Edited by Karlchen - 02 September 2007 at 1:14pm
redhawk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2006 at 11:09am
I would like to add some ideas to the feature list:

-Multiple process suspend/resume or kills
-DLL ejection
-Thread suspend/resume on 9x (I have seen this done with another task manager btw)
- Handle / DLL filter box

I also think we should have a bug list thread and make both pinned topics.

Richard S.
Karlchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 6:09am
Hi, redhawk.

I guess you misunderstood me.

This thread was only meant to be an overview of threads that hold feature requests so they can be found easily.

This is why I asked,
Quote Feel free, though, to add links to other P.E. feature requests which are not listed, yet.

If we start posting feature requests directly in this thread, I assume it will soon turn into an unreadable endless monster.

Yet, this is just my personal idea.

Apart from this, I agree that it might be helpful to have sticky threads for bug reports as well.

The problems with sticky threads for feature requests and bug reports are
  • Due to a bug in the forum stoftware, any sticky thread will loose its sticky property as soon as a normal user adds a message. Only moderators can assign the sticky property again thus moving it back to the top of the thread list.

• Those 2 sticky threads should exist for each Sysinternals utility, so there would be quite a number of these sticky threads.

• Someone would have to make sure double feature requests are somehow joined.

• Someone would have to evaluate the bug reports and take out those that are actually handling errors.

• Forum software products do not offer a really professional approach to keeping track of feature requests and bugs. Doing it manually for all Sysinternals utilities might easily be a fulltime job, but none of the moderators works fulltime for this forum, we are all doing it in our spare time.

Hm, so after all maybe creating this sticky thread was not such a good idea.

Karl

Edited by Karlchen - 06 August 2006 at 9:30am
robbinma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbinma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 12:12pm

Another feature request: For the ability to save the column settings to a file

http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7448&P N=1&TPN=1

Karlchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 2:29pm
Thanks. Added it to the first post in this thread.

Karl
kalons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 4:24pm
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4277

Edited by kalons - 18 August 2006 at 4:25pm
Karlchen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 4:51am
Thanks, Kyle.

The feature request is already in the list in the first message:
RFE: Type >1 char selects better matches.
Compare to the thread you point us to: Keyboard selection annoyance in v10, please.
Different words, same complaint about lost feature, same request to re-introduce it.

Karl
robbinma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbinma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 9:22am
Thanks for adding my previous request. Could you also add this one please.
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7662&PN=1& TPN=1

Ability to see the peak CPU level that the process has reached.
peaynut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaynut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 1:39pm
I could not "see" process explorer on my desktop, although it was running in the system tray.  When I right-clicked and selected MOVE, I was able to move the crosshair with my arrow keys and then hit enter (this is supposed to work on any application in Windows that has jumped off the desktop).  However, Process Explorer still did not appear on the crosshairs like it was supposed to.

To complicate the problem, I could not get my task manager back because when Process Explorer was working correctly, I had checked the box to replace my task manager.  Note: I would suggest in the future update that you add Options to the right-click menu on the system tray icon.  I will post a copy of this suggestion in the appropriate thread too.

SOLUTION:  To get my original task manager back, I had to go to START::RUN and type in REGEDIT.  I did a search for procexp.exe and then deleted every instance (about 10 I think).  Now I got back my task manager!

Edited by peaynut - 10 September 2006 at 1:39pm
Jay Lewis
brakdag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brakdag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2006 at 10:30pm

Hello, I'm from Argentina, and I use to use process explorer, but the file size of the program... become to be biggest.. I think that these type of programs would be small.

Thank's.

brakdagmza
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
  Share Topic