Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Utilities Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZoomIt Internationalization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZoomIt Internationalization
    Posted: 19 September 2012 at 2:00pm
I have two problems with ZoomIt and was woundering if it would be possible for you to change these two settings?

I tend to use ZoomIt Whenever I want to demo some things infront of a bigger crowd, however...
I have some issues that are a bit annoying...

First thing:
I come from Sweden and we use some (for you) special chars regulary in our vocabulary...
(ÅÄÖ) is chars that are frequently used in our language...
Now, ZoomIt only handles the english letters, this is a huge problem when trying to use the software and write some stuff on the screen...
So, I would like to see that you could add support for localization and the special chars of the installed language of the computer it is run under...

Second thing:
Why cant you change the letter sizes for the text you want to type?

Third thing:
If it would be possible to not have an option not showing the timer at all? (0% opacity)?

I know, maybe there is a reason for not having the support for more languages in zoomit...
If so, maybe you can make either a command setting (eg ZoomIt -I for international support) or you could make a ZoomIt International version, with this support, it would be great!

Thank you!
Stoffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 2:07pm
Also!

Would it be possible for you to add support for some simple graphs???

Like:
Arrow: (a line with an arrow... that drags as long as you click on the mouse, for instance you click first on screen and then you click on a point abit further away and the arrow comes between theese points)

Circle: Allows you to circle some nice stuff...

rectangle etc...

(Maybe even be able to load xml shapes to be able to build you own shapes to select from)?
staccato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staccato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:11am
Stoffe,

the features are already there. By pressing these keys when drawing, you get the shapes you are asking for:
TAB: circle/oval
Shift: line
Ctrl: rectangle
Shift+Ctrl: arrow

If you open up the ZoomIt window from the task bar, you get all the information there. You can also change font and size.

Regards,
Henrik

P.S. I would also like support for non-english characters...Smile
Ha det gött!
staccato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staccato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:23am
I meant open ZoomIt from system tray, not task bar...
Peremptor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peremptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:50am
Hi,

there's really only English chars. What's that for? I would never have imagined it would be so hard to implement Iso chars to a program...

We German have only 4 special chars: üöäß
Poor French and other guys: áàâíìî
And hey, why is there a $ but no € and no &?

Please add Iso chars!

Peremptor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic