Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A little love for 64bit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mdubya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little love for 64bit?
    Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:29pm

Just a quick post requesting that a 64bit version of 4.22 be released. We use BGInfo as integral part of our WinPE 64 based, Windows 10 deployment process. I would love to get the latest BGInfo bits to run under WinPE 10, 64bit.

I checked v1703 of the ADK, but sadly, BGInfo64 is no longer included.

Thanks for the great tools, and all your effort Mark!
-Mike

Edited by mdubya - 22 May 2017 at 10:14pm
mangeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 3:26pm
Yes, please!

It would be ideal if BGInfo and BGInfo64 were both packaged in the ZIP released with new versions. 64-bit Windows PE can't run 32-bit binaries, and we really want our techs to see some system basics when they're in WinPE.
MitchW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 8:46am
+1 from me too!
StuartMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuartMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 5:30pm
WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 4:13am
Go to: https://live.sysinternals.com/
It is there to download the latest version in x64. -WS
JFiglik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFiglik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 6:46pm
I downloaded v4.22 today (24-Jul-2017) and there is an x64 executable, as well as the x86 version, in the zip file.
JFiglik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFiglik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 8:22pm
I originally had a problem with my (single) background image being cropped, the first time I used bginfo (x86, v4.2). When I used the 4.22 x64 I still had the problem UNTIL I re-installed the wallpaper and then re-ran BGInfo64. Now all is well.

Note- this is for a single wallpaper image copied onto three different monitors, all different resolutions with the BGInfo displayed only on one of the monitors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic