Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Miscellaneous Utilities
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AD Explorer bug - groups with > 1500 members

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AD Explorer bug - groups with > 1500 members
    Posted: 11 February 2018 at 11:45am
Hi Everyone,

I've come across what seems to be a bug with AD Explorer - I'm running version 1.44 which I believe is the latest.

It has to do with enumeration of the member attribute of Active Directory groups with more than 1500 members. It appears that if a group has more than 1500 members then the contents of the member attribute of the group are not correctly enumerated Confused

In all cases if I drill down to the group in AD Explorer and look at its properties, I see 2 entries for the member attribute. The first entry has a count of 0 while the second entry has a count of 1500 - irrespective of the actual amount of users in the group.

Finally if I drill into any of the 2 member attribute entries, no values are listed Confused

Given that Mark Russinovich has moved on to greater things (CTO Microsoft Azure), I assume that this forum is the best way to report bugs rather than the m*******@microsoft.com address given in Help > About in the software?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic