Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bginfo desktop background display shows double

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattCCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bginfo desktop background display shows double
    Posted: 15 January 2009 at 3:54am
Hi
I have just recently started using bginfo
I got it working by making a bat file that runs it from the gpo login script
the file is located on the network and i use the pushd popd command to be able to run it from the unc path.
It all works fine except for one little issue
The first time you login it is fine then the next time you login it might be fine or you might see 2 bginfo's displayed overlapping each other or you might see no bginfo displayed.
When you see 2 displayed overlapping its like the old one from your last login didn't get removed as when displaying the last login line the time is different.
When it shows nothing it does actually show 2 for a second but then they disappear by the time windows has fully logged in
My theory is that the first time you login it adds the overlay of info to the desktop, second time it keeps the last overlay and adds a second, then the third time it trys to add a third overlay ontop of the 2 already there but has an error in the background because of this and resets it so it shows nothing. Then the next time you login it starts the process again???
Looking forward to any help on this and if I'm correct best way to refresh it before it runs on each login
thanks
bobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 4:42am

Yep i get this issue too.
bginfo works fine when you remote desktop into a server, but the first time bginfo is run from a console session, the console background gets merged and tiled into every background wheather you are console or remote desktop

the only way to fix it is to log in from the console, and change wallpaper from 'bginfo' to 'none'.  Next time I remote desktop to the server the ghosting is gone, but that will only fix it until someone else logs in from the console and casues the same problem.

i am running bginfo 4.15,
this happens if I auto start bginfo from an 'all users\programs\startup' shortcut or a regkey in HKLM\sw\ms\windows\cv\run

Edited by bobert - 08 May 2009 at 4:52am
AndrewB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 12:17pm

It is most likely that you've both used the default settings under the background button. It looks like each time you log in you copy the existing background and append to it.

Click on Background then Select Use these settings to generate a new background rather than edit the existing one.

BG Info Properties

Edited by AndrewB - 08 May 2009 at 12:18pm
eosterberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eosterberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 3:42pm
I've tried that too. "Use these settings"
Looks correct when viewed at "preview" but once it's applied, it's the double image problem again.

Take a look at this related post. http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9437

AndrewB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 4:22pm
Have you tried using the same *.bgi file on a different hardware spec PC?
eosterberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eosterberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 5:02pm
I don't have that option at the moment.
bobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by AndrewB AndrewB wrote:

It is most likely that you've both used the default settings under the background button. It looks like each time you log in you copy the existing background and append to it.

Click on Background then Select Use these settings to generate a new background rather than edit the existing one.

BG Info Properties

Yep, this was what the problem was. thanks!
DarinW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 6:49pm

How do you resolve this on a 2008 server?  Can't find the background option.

molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 2:47am
Hi Darin,

The screen in the screenshot can be viewed by clicking on the Background button in BgInfo...

Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
tiffanygeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanygeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 10:32am
Here is mine new awesome desktop skin by rainmeter:

see this list of latest themes: https://techiespad.com/rainmeter-skins/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic