Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[BUG REPORT] v13.80 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bollity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BUG REPORT] v13.80 problem
    Posted: 12 September 2017 at 9:22pm
On my windows 10 x64  v13.80 shows strange things in logon, like "cmd", also it shows some windows scheduled tasks although I hide empty locations and windows entries. Previous version 13.71 doesn't show these values.
layman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 3:26pm
Not only that, but timestamps in the 64-bit version are ludicrous.  4/5/1923? 4/3/1953? 3/12/1910? !!!
Soup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 10:23pm
Timestamps: 1914, 2032, 1968, 2000, 2003, etc. not within expected range.

Incorrect timestamps and file information is not a bug within AutoRun. It is the data in the registry or wherever it's getting the data.

If you validate the image source and the data is current and relative to your build, then you should consider it good. I'm sure there will be exceptions, but you should expect these things to have a valid publisher.

With very few exceptions you should expect every file to have a publisher. Those that do not should be looked into further. Not always guaranteed to be fake programs.

Bad timestamps and file information displayed by AutoRun should be validated. Validated by a right-clicking the item in AutoRun, select jump to the image. The file manager will go to the file image And then select properties of the file details tab. Check the certificate.

I believe the information that we see in this erroneous information comes from Microsoft's testing.

Would love to hear from somebody who thinks otherwise.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic