Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Monitor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

** Feature request list **

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbinma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ** Feature request list **
    Posted: 27 May 2007 at 2:35pm
Hi,

This is a list of feature requests in the forum.
I'll try and keep it up to date as I see new entries.

Requests
======

More keyboard shortcuts in dialog boxes - http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9249

Molotov's points (summarised for ease - see http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9862 for details)
EDIT: for these points refers to a posting by Bryce in the thread -added here for ease of reading.

1) Allow for the use of CTRL+C to copy selected data to the clipboard. - EDIT:See post but seems mostly done.
2) Along the same lines, it would be useful to have a "Copy details to clipboard" button on each tab of the Event properties - EDIT:see future version
3) I would like to be able to sort by each of the columns displayed on Process tab of the Event's properties, in the "DLLs" section EDIT:Added
4) In Options | "History Depth", the edit part of the spin control could be a bit wider - there is plenty of room on the dialog... EDIT:Done
5) Shortcuts for dialog boxes. EDIT:some have been added

(Thanks Molotov for pinning the post)  Thumbs%20Up
EDIT:
Thanks to whichever Mod pined the post.

Edited by robbinma - 08 June 2007 at 5:53am
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 2:39pm
A few months ago, I put my list together here...

EDIT:
And actually, one of the other mods pinned the post...

Edited by molotov - 04 June 2007 at 7:02pm
Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
arlesterc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arlesterc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 11:13pm

I would like to request the following feature:

Ability to start Process Monitor with a filter that will mean only events that match the filter will actually be logged e.g. a runtime/command line option for instance e.g. starting process monitor with a slash option such as /result=success;eventid=..., etc.
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:53am
Hi, arlesterc.

Your request sounds similar to this topic:

Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
arlesterc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arlesterc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:40am
Yes, that is the idea.  Sorry I didn't catch the earlier request.
lavoie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lavoie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 12:51pm
Two more feature requests:

1) symbol resolution on 64-bit Windows. I see from searching others are having the same problem. My team is using procmon extensively, but not having the stacks on 64-bit will be a major issue.

2) The capability to save the stack summary into a text file for post processing.

Thanks,

Jason

(sorry for the double post. I missed this thread before.)
Typhon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Typhon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 4:24pm
Process Monitor is a wonderful tool, which is why I'm making this small feature request.

I've had repetitive stress injuries, and typing is easier on my hands than mousing.  In many places, Process Monitor lacks keyboard shortcuts.  For example, when defining filters, none of the fields or buttons have keyboard shortcuts, like Alt-A for Apply, Alt-C for Cancel, etc.  Thus, we have to either use a mouse, or tab through the controls.

My request is to alter Process Monitor to have keyboard shortcuts.

Thank you.
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 4:50pm
Hi, Typhon.

As the following topic indicates, it seems we can expect improved keyboard shortcut support in a coming version.
Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
3D-Grabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3D-Grabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 1:29am
Simplify Filtering

I have some proposals to simplify filtering.
I find myself filtering a great fraction of the time I spend with Propcess Monitor.

1)
To filter a certain element in the output listview, you can select a line by rightclicking it, and then select the column from a submenu (e.g. Exclude>Path).
It would be a great time-saver if the program would take the column from the mouse position. i.e. when you rightclick on say "RegOpenKey", the context menu would show "Exclude RegOpenKey" and "Include RegOpenKey" instead of the clumsy submenus.

2)
Also, I would propose a "Filter..." entry in the context menu, which would bring up the filter dialog with the mouse position values filled in, but allowing the user to do adjustements.
This would be great, if for example you want to exclude "C:\Windows" Subpaths. Right now, I have to reopen the filter dialog from the menu, to change "Is" to "Begins with".

Process monitor is a great program, I could no longer work without it. Keep up the good work!
regards

three

Edited by 3D-Grabber - 17 July 2007 at 1:32am
weijenli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weijenli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 10:56am

Hello,

I would like to request a feature:

I'm using a script to run Procmon (with backing files), execute other programs, and terminate it automatically and analyze the CSV files later. Could you add a command line option such as "save log to CSV file when terminating?"

Or, could you add a command line option which converts a .PML file to a .CSV file? It is inefficient that I have to manually run Procmon, open a .PML file, and then save it as  a .CSV.

Well, I'm not sure if this is a common problem that many people have...

Thank you very much.

By the way, I have to say that Procmon is a great tool!

Wei-Jen

Edited by weijenli - 02 August 2007 at 10:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic