Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Monitor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

** Feature request list **

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenCWLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2016 at 1:12pm
One simple request. Unless I've missed it, can we have a sort order ascending/descending toggle added to the columns please. I'd prefer to have the most recent time at top.
EiSa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EiSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 10:48am
Hi,
while I'm seeking a bad crash behavior (which occurs unpredictable after some days or weeks) I'm asking for a feature which allows automated actions based on e.g. events. As an example, if the selected process closes for some reason the capturing stops and the past capture process events will not be overwritten (due to history depth limitation).

With this it would be possible (for me) to capture as long as needed to catch the crash.

Cheers :)
exus69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exus69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:40am
Hello,

Would like to see a difference highlighting when a failed procmon trace is compared with a successful one with either of them being the base, based on path. The difference would automatically be highlighted depending on what the base trace is. For eg.

Failed trace(Base)     Successful trace
       1 1
       2 3
       3 3
       4 2
       5 5

This will save ALOT of time in manual comparison of failed and successful procmon traces. Is this possible ?

Thank you :)

Edited by exus69 - 19 May 2016 at 7:43am
folelug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote folelug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2016 at 12:36pm
Request:

1. Add suggestion-reqest email
2. Add reqest email to ABOUT, add forum link to ABOUT, add copy button to all links and email

3. –°olor striping (backgr: gray,white, gray,white) each line (focus improve)
4. Distinguish same path events with lines, options for select ( start from 4+)
------------
c:\windows
------------
 4.1 Option in "4" do no stiping by colors "3" (just white backgr)

5. Selected events(1+) new tab summary - summary time
6. Make separated 2 buttons: include and exclude, that active one of them (improve double clicking to 1 click)

7. Fat line after stop/start capture
8.  Two windows to compare old log and new captured. Now 2 windows dont work if one is live capture
9. RighClick on path- edit filter- As native is to "exclude" "begins from". So make it as default for "path edit"
We have to edit:   C:\windows\file.exe
We get default: "exclude" "begins from" :  C:\windows\*

10. Filter list. Make buttons for each column, that show only of selected (fast navigation improv):
"All, processes, paths, "Results"
Default is "All" and it is back to "All" after close filter window.

11 Option, full clear memory from process monitor. Improve to compatibility with gay-code "security defend programs/games" 

12 "Main window" and "file summary"  right-click "open file folder"

13  "file summary" multi selection(ctrl, shift) and  right-click copy, copy with colum names

14  "file summary" rigth-click, show firts, last position in main window

Edited by folelug - 14 July 2016 at 2:36pm
IanHaskin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHaskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2016 at 9:55pm
Need a way to suppress error popups when calling procmon from the command-line.
ezeltje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ezeltje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 1:57pm
History depth isn't exported as part of the configuration. That is inconvenient if you want to deploy ProcessMonitor on multiple computers with exactly the same configuration.
Versatile start and stop triggers, including the very events that ProcessMonitor logs, would be nice to have in order to limit the amount of data that has to be analysed.
SYMJYM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYMJYM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 5:55am
It would help me out immensely if the filter altitude were passable as a command-line argument.
e.g. if I want to capture events for an encryption minifilter do procmon /alt 140000 
aaron.miller11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aaron.miller11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 8:27pm
Requesting Circular log files

In troubleshooting, not everything is 100% reproducible all the time. Sometimes, issues just occur with no explanation or timeline. That is why it is so handy to have tools like perfmon built natively into Windows - you can set a file to grow to up to 1 GB for example, have it overwrite the oldest data, and just let it run indefinitely

It would be superbly beneficial to be able to do this with process monitor.

It seems like this could potentially be a difficult overhaul, but please know that you would be helping out multitudes of troubleshooters tremendously. Right now, there are 3 randomly-occurring issues pending my action for which I could likely easily solve if I could view the process monitor data from the failure time.

Thanks,

- Aaron
jookie57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jookie57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by aaron.miller11 aaron.miller11 wrote:

Requesting Circular log files

You can already do this in Procmon by using the History Depth setting from Options > History Depth. Set this to something like 10 million events, instead of the default 199:

This means that once Procmon hits 10 million events, it will purge the oldest ~1 million events or so and keep on going. You'll probably want to configure it to log straight to a file instead of virtual memory, but this will put an upper limit on the log file size and let it run indefinitely.

Mark talked about this feature in this Case of the Unexplained:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/markrussinovich/2008/09/22/the-case-of-the-slooooow-system
WhiteKnight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 5:39pm
My Suggestion:

Please add scrolling the events list by holding the middle mouse button down while dragging the list with the mouse.

This would yield a great comfort benefit in scrolling and searching for relevant items.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic