Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows Discussions > Troubleshooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High CPU interrupts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrylane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High CPU interrupts
    Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:57am
Hi! 

I'm getting bad performance on one of my servers and it's behavior is high CPU interrupts. Sometimes process explorer shows allocation on interrupts to 80% of cpu capacity. The server is running an application named Qlikview which process is very intensive. 

The strange thing is that the server can behave normal during periods of weeks and days but suddenly start with high CPU interrups. The only way to get rid of high cpu interrupts it is to restart the server. I have no idea whats causing this.

I record some data with WER during this state and it points to ntoskrnl.exe. One shows weight on qvb.exe and another to idle.  See screenshots below.

Ran the command xperf.exe" -on PROC_THREAD+LOADER+PROFILE+INTERRUPT+DPC+DISPATCHER+CSwitch -stackwalk Profile+CSwitch+ReadyThread -buffersize 1024 -MaxFile 1024 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\xperf.exe" -d DPCISR.etl

Here's the output.  https://pastebin.com/vkhDpGhK

Any ideas? Thanks!

/Harry

MagicAndre1981 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:02am
NDIS.SYS

1. Elapsed Time, >     2048 usecs AND <=     4096 usecs,     20, or   0.18%
  2. Elapsed Time, >     4096 usecs AND <=     8192 usecs,     20, or   0.18%

update network card drivers. Also share the ETL, so that I can see more details
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic