Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Process Explorer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I "Set Priority" permanently?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwt10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I "Set Priority" permanently?
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:17am
Or what I should say is how do I set it to a higher priority and make that setting stick.

Right now I wish to allocate more memory to the Alps touchpad processes to a higher level, but when I reboot and check those processes again, they revert back to what they once were.  The change I make to them doesn't seem to stick.

I'd like to go from Normal: 8 to Above Normal: 10 or above.  Is there a way this setting can be saved?

Thank you

Edited by gwt10 - 17 May 2017 at 4:18am
gwt10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwt10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:23pm
No answer? 

Is this possible with Process Explorer?  Or should I look at something else?

Any help would be most appreciated.  Thanks
LMiller7 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMiller7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:25am
Process Explorer cannot set priority permanently.

Note that setting priority does not influence how much memory is allocated to a process. That is not user controllable.
gwt10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwt10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:19pm
Thanks for the response.  I notice my trackpad behaves better when I'm able to set the priority higher  Even if it's only temporary.

If Process Explorer can't set this on a permanent basis, is there anything out there that will?
MagicAndre1981 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:59am
Use ProcessHacker with USerNotes Plugin, it allows to save save (IO) priority, CPU affinity:

gwt10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwt10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:07pm
Wow, that looks very similar to Process Explorer.

Where is the USerNotes Plugin?  I don't see it on that page?

Thanks
MagicAndre1981 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:26pm
During setup you have the enable the plugin
gwt10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwt10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:58am
I appreciate your help, thanks...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic