Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows Discussions > Troubleshooting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help with Ntoskrnl thread causing high CPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with Ntoskrnl thread causing high CPU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 81828384>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pmatula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmatula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 8:39pm
thanks!
MagicAndre1981 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 8:41pm
does the new driver fix your issue?

Edited by MagicAndre1981 - 05 March 2017 at 8:41pm
Alecajuice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alecajuice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 4:22am
I believe it does. Thanks!
Alecajuice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alecajuice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 5:32pm
Ok, so the new driver seems to have solved the high CPU issue, but now I randomly crash with BSOD stopcode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Is this an issue with the driver I installed?
Here is the minidump file for the BSOD:

Edited by Alecajuice - 14 March 2017 at 5:57pm
GrimKodiak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimKodiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 6:18pm
Hello fellow Sysinternals.com forum users,
I would like to ask for your help if I could please MagicAndre1981, as I'm sure you know already I have a problem with my computers CPU.  I have a dual core 3.4Ghz optiplex 745, the CPU% is around 50% use by System.exe, or Description: NT Kernel & System.  I've first tried running the FSC command in the CMD admin and it came back perfect, and I just recently upgraded the Windows 10 home to the Window 10 upgrade in an atempt to try and fix the high CPU usage but it didn't work.  I had this problem once before when the C: drive was installed in a quad core running Windows 7, but I don't remember what caused it back then, and installed the hard drive in the dual core with no problems at first running win7 then when the free upgrade came out I updated last feb and I think the high CPU usage started after I canceled a Compress this drive to save disk space, it seemed to have hung but I was just impatient, so then month or two later I Compressed the drive to completion in hopes to solve the high CPU still didnt work, then tried to Uncompress drive, nothing.  So I followed  your command to capture the CPU usage let it run till the file size was full its about 40 seconds, and I'm hoping you can look at my .etl file and help me fix my issue.  File is compressed as 7Z as requested and available here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqbr801_QU43jBJ7psnZbU0Y0sFX . I thank you greatly in advance for any and all help you can provide me with.
Cheers
GrimKodiak
ps: sorry if this post is not in the right spot, I'm new here.

Edited by GrimKodiak - 19 March 2017 at 6:22pm
Autodesk Maya: 3D Artist for hire.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimKodiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:05am
Now system idle process is missing from Processes, but still in Details...

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Alecajuice Alecajuice wrote:

Ok, so the new driver seems to have solved the high CPU issue, but now I randomly crash with BSOD stopcode DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Is this an issue with the driver I installed?

the dump shows crash related to ACPI issues for Device "VEN_8086&DEV_1901", which is Intel PCIe Controller .

I see there is a BIOS update 1.1.3 for your Dell XPS 15 9560, while you use 1.0.3

maybe this fixes the issue. your dell is a new model, so check for updates more often
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by GrimKodiak GrimKodiak wrote:

Hello fellow Sysinternals.com forum users,
I would like to ask for your help if I could please MagicAndre1981, as I'm sure you know already I have a problem with my computers CPU.  I have a dual core 3.4Ghz optiplex 745, the CPU% is around 50% use by System.exe, or Description: NT Kernel & System. 

the link is not working. Create a new link and this time only read. maybe someone modified/deleted it already.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimKodiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 4:44pm
Hi MagicAndre1981
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqbr801_QU43jBKZ9RLuRNN6BTsh
theres the link and its still there maybe copy paste it if the hyperlink is not working
cause is in my first post the link is not complete so I copy pasted it and it was still there.
thanks
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 2:59pm
I still can't download it. upload it somewhere else (zippyshare.com, mediafire.com, https://mega.nz/)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 81828384>
  Share Topic