Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows Discussions > Troubleshooting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help with Ntoskrnl thread causing high CPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with Ntoskrnl thread causing high CPU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 899091
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hextrabacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hextrabacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 4:59am
Hello

I have a problem of CPU uploads between 15 -21% all the time. I go to different processes those percentages, if I close a process with that percentage I will go to another and so on.

What could be causing this problem?

MagicAndre1981 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicAndre1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 9:09am
Originally posted by hextrabacon hextrabacon wrote:

Hello

I have a problem of CPU uploads between 15 -21% all the time. I go to different processes those percentages, if I close a process with that percentage I will go to another and so on.

What could be causing this problem?

in the trace I see that steamwebhelper.exe does a lot of registry calls (Open keys: KernelBase.dll!RegOpenKeyExA) which also causes some kernel usage.

Why do you use the LTSB version for gaming (Steam)? Also don't use KMS cracks. Buy a normal WIndows 10 license and use the regular Windows 10 versions (1709 and next the 1803)
hextrabacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hextrabacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 7:04pm
OK thank you for the reply.

I did a formatting and reinstall windows 10, now I am with windows 10 pro 64 bit legally activated without patches and crack.

the pc worked well without cpu peaks the first 2 days, that was until now I have cpu peaks in 2 processes (between 16-19% cpu each) here I leave an etl again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SI83yBoc1szw2xEtx0ry-W-deUZEJ61a

Greetings.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 899091
  Share Topic