Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows Discussions > Troubleshooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook 2016 Rules are not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaCarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook 2016 Rules are not working
    Posted: 08 February 2017 at 3:01am

I have lost around 50+ Outlook rules from Outlook mailbox and other folders since Monday.

Now, I am unable to manage email related works efficiently.

Can I recover all rules manually?

JamesAlison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesAlison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by JessicaCarter JessicaCarter wrote:

I have lost around 50+ Outlook rules from Outlook mailbox and other folders since Monday.

Now, I am unable to manage email related works efficiently.

Can I recover all rules manually?

Outlook rules can be recover by using Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST.exe).

Below are the steps you need to follow:

1.              Quit Outlook if running, Locate and open ScanPST.exe on your system.
  2.               Browse the PST file you needs to repair.
  3.              Click on start button to begin the repair process
  4.              When process gets complete, Open Outlook
  5.          Create a New PST file
  6.         Drag the recovered items from Lost and Found’ folder to the new PST

After successful completion of the whole process, Check whether the rules are recovered or not. In case ScanPST.exe fails to do the recovery you should try third party tool which provides the demo version like Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair. If you want you can try the demo from: http://www.stellaroutlooktools.com/scan/pst-repair.php 

manuelvallsedu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuelvallsedu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 5:01pm
Hello,

First, you should try to recover by using ScanPST.exe. In case, unable to recover by ScanPST.exe, so you should try third party application as KTools Software to resolve your issues.

Reference: http://www.ktoolssoftware.com/outlook-pst-file-recovery.html

Edited by manuelvallsedu - 18 June 2017 at 5:03pm
Eddie99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 6:35am
If your Outlook rule are not working then no  need to panic, it can be resolve easily. Before going to do any thing first make copy of file.
  • Now close the application and exit.
  • After that locate scanpst.exe in your system.
  • Double click the scanpst.exe.
  • Click Browse and select the corrupted PST file
  • .Now, Click the Start button. It will start scanning selected PST file.
  • Check the Make backup of scanned file before repairing(If the error found)
  • Click on Repair to repair the scanned item.
  • After finishing Repair click OK 
It will work. If it wont't work then you gonna need to download the PST file recovery. It can repair and recovery your corrupted or deleted PST files
O
I
texy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 5:12pm

Outlook Mail Recovery (PST Recovery) software easily restores MS Outlook mail or PST files. 
You can also read the best outlook PST recovery software reviews here 
shivgupta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivgupta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 7:49am
Use Scnapst.exe tool to fix Outlook PST errors. If it fails to solve PST corruption issues, then you can try a third party Outlook PST repair software. the software can easily repair corrupt PST file and recover lost or inaccessible data from corrupted PST file. To know more about the software, visit: http://www.pstrecoverytool.org/
Thanks & Regards
Shiv Gupta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic