Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Utilities Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PDF FIles Corrupted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevenMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF FIles Corrupted
    Posted: 18 January 2016 at 5:38pm
This was a PDF file that I created with an Epson Scanner. Adobe Reader set as the default program to open it. All was fine. Now  I try to open up a PDF file and get

Can’t open the file there is a problem with the File Format
Makes no sense.  Does anyone know of a good  PDF recovery tool? Free or not.
Thank You!

smith.mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smith.mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 7:52pm
I am assuming that possibly your version PDF reader is not up to date as

many factors can prevent a PDF from opening.
Some factors include damage to the PDF, or an out-dated version of Reader or Acrobat. 
Other factors include unrecognisable file types or PDFs created with non-Adobe programs. 
Try the suggestions below as your first troubleshooting steps.
Acrobat Help / Can't open PDF

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-open-pdf.html

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/prv5ph/prv5phug/projs_6.htm

If it is was working and now got corrupted then it needs to be repaired. There are professional tool available to do PDF repair from PDF Recovery Toolbox. http://www.pdf.recoverytoolbox.com/  

You can give a try on free version if that file is that important as it all paid versions you need to purchase. 

smith.mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smith.mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 7:53pm
Perhaps  this authoritative source will also help you.
https://forums.adobe.com/message/6978758#6978758
StevenMiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevenMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 3:00pm
Many thanks!
Beingdinu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beingdinu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2016 at 5:46pm
Thanks a lot this ressolved my issue.

dinu
Regards,
Dinu G|Tech Support Team
https://www.cloudappsportal.com/
patroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 5:50am
Originally posted by StevenMiller StevenMiller wrote:

Does anyone know of a good  PDF recovery tool? Free or not.
There are many software vendors in the market which provide PDF Recovery tools. And most of them are available with free demo/trial version. Or if you just want to view/read PDF file, you should use a PDF File Viewer tool (freeware). But if you want to recover content from the file, you need a recovery tool. So before you can purchase any such tool, you must download free demo/trial version. By using demo/trial version, you can see what you could recover from the corrupt PDF file before you can actually pay for the software. If you're satisfied with the results, you can purchase the software. 

Refer to this blog post for useful information on PDF Recovery - A Must-have PDF Repair Software to Repair PDF File | N. Sem's Blog

I hope the shared information would be helpful here. 

Thanks and best regards.
kurtwilder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurtwilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by StevenMiller StevenMiller wrote:

This was a PDF file that I created with an Epson Scanner. Adobe Reader set as the default program to open it. All was fine. Now  I try to open up a PDF file and get

Can’t open the file there is a problem with the File Format
Makes no sense.  Does anyone know of a good  PDF recovery tool? Free or not.
Thank You!

No doubt WOW PDF Repair Tool is a complete recovery tool to fluently resolve the issues in PDF files without creating a mess on original properties and formatting of the objects software for me as it saved hundreds of my productive hours. This software has efficiently solved all damaged or corrupt PDF file during upload, download and normal usage. It can easily and efficiently restore clip art, word art, tables, charts etc. without making any change issues. Use it's Free Trial Version & See preview of all recoverable PDF objects in jew click.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic