Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ProcMon closed,deleted while in safe mode no I/N
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ProcMon closed,deleted while in safe mode no I/N

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeslieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProcMon closed,deleted while in safe mode no I/N
    Posted: 06 December 2017 at 2:25am
Hello everyone,

I was working in Safe Mode with no internet services, Process Monitor was running.  While researching, Process Monitor was closed and completely deleted from my laptop. How can I figure out what happened? Several incidents lead me to believe that my laptop is really a virtual machine  of some sort... many odd things lead me to believe that I am not really Admin and sole user of this machine.  Windows 8.1.  I don't know if it's normal, but everything in file manager is listed as residing on my desktop.  Unsure if this is a setting somewhere or is for reals!  Lots of NTUS'ER log files.  Is it possible that I have been looped into to someone's AD?  I find references to sending data via Microsoft Account (I am - or was - set up as a local machine with no MS Account). Recently a pop up window appeared (had previously blocked pop ups, btw, and that setting got changed), from giantCOW.com.  The message said "You have everything you need to create a powerhouse website..... The message directed me to login to my back office, go to My Products & Services, and click some icon on my web hosting account.  Could it be that my machine is being used by someone else to do whatever it is they want to do? My screen often changes.  Whatever I am looking at stays the same, for example QuickBooks, but the colors change. Also, File Manager shows that my files are "Available Offline".  What does that mean?  I thought I was a stand alone local machine. Checking File Manager today, I noticed that my MicroSoft Office software was reinstalled as of today.  Odd.  It was installed a few years back when I purchased this laptop.  So, what should I do to resolve all of this?

Thank you all so much,

Leslie
Thanks to all who share!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic