Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > PsTools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psexec help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markolise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psexec help
    Posted: 27 July 2017 at 2:23pm
Hi guys, new to the forum and first post so go easy on me.

I've been using PSEXEC at work for the last 5 years, and it has been a life saver. We also use SCCM, and I've built my own custom Right Click tools to work with PSEXEC and a few custom tools.

Heres the problem though, and its really intermittent. "All pipe instances are busy"
We get this error from time to time, it'd be fine if it were once every two or three months, and a handful of computers. Our network though is 15,000 machines (Windows 7 sp1, Windows 10 1607), and it seems to plague a user constantly when it happens, in this instance that user is now me. Yay!!

All information on this particular error that I could find relates back to Vista and XP days, latest for this forum in particular is 2015. I've tried all the suggestions on many of these posts and so far still stuck at the same issue.

What I have found though is that the -d option, allows PSEXEC to run on the remote machine but any command without that option gives the "All pipe instances busy", which isn't helpful if you need remote command prompt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have used this with 1.8, 1.9 and the latest build 2.2 for PSEXEC, same error.

Edited by Markolise - 27 July 2017 at 2:26pm
Markolise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markolise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 1:11pm
So I guess that's a collective "We have no idea"?

Edited by Markolise - 31 July 2017 at 1:11pm
Aleks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aleks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:32pm
Здравствуйте!
Подскажите, пожалуйста, в командной строке команды именно ошибки команды. PsExec.exe выводятся иероглифами притом что остальные команды выдают нормальный текст.
?
Не найден сетевой путь
ЌҐ © ¤Ґ бҐвҐў® © Їгвм

Системе не удается найти путь
'Ёб⥬Ґ Ґ г¤ Ґвбп © вЁ гЄ § л © Їгвм
Смущенный
Значение иероглифов удалось выяснить через AkelPad. Причину ошибки тоже удалось найти она заключалась в отключенной службе LanmanWorkstation "Рабочая станция" (на локальном ПК).
Собственной вопрос почему только от команды PsExec.exe иероглифы и еще вопрос так и должно быть что если данная служба выключена то команда не может выполниться?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic