Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Autoruns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

run autoruns.exe against remote system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leaderbuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: run autoruns.exe against remote system
    Posted: 18 December 2008 at 5:21pm
Been looking long and hard and haven't quite found the answer.
Is there a way to run autoruns.exe against another system on the network??
Tried autorunsc.exe but I cant the detailed info and configurability (selecting items) that the gui provides.
If so how?
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 2:22am
Hi leaderbuilder,

Sorry to say that there is not a way to run Autoruns, to display and interact with data from a remote system.

Two options that come to mind, but may not work for all you want to be able to do, include the use of psexec and autorunsc.exe to create a logfile, and psexec and autoruns.exe with the -a param, to create an .ARN file that can be pulled back and loaded for viewing.
Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
icantdrive55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icantdrive55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 3:43pm
I've tried psexec \\[host] autorunsc -c -a -m -t (tried different command line switches) and it connected to the other computer, starts a process (according to a pslist, and has a PID) but doesn't return any information.

Has anybody had any success doing this remotely? What specifically was the command line or command sequence?
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 4:41pm
Hi Sammy,

Sounds like you may wish to try adding the accepteula switch to the autorunsc.exe command:
psexec \\[host] autorunsc -accepteula -c -a -m -t
Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
icantdrive55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icantdrive55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 5:54pm
Works!!!! Thanks
molotov View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molotov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 6:07pm
You're welcome. Smile
Daily affirmation:
net helpmsg 4006
saharasilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saharasilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 2:13pm
I am trying to use this command to export .arn files from remote systems:

psexec \\host autoruns -accepteula -v -e -a C:\temp\export.arn

It exports something, but all text shows as Hieroglyphs instead of english when I open file on my autoruns.exe. I also believe some entries differ than running autorun localy on target test system. For example in my exported .arn  file there are way too much Scheduled Tasks than I can see on gui. But this is hard to check because all entries are in Hieroglyphs.

How to make text English again?

I am sorry if something is not clear, I can explain any place further if needed.

Edited by saharasilver - 24 September 2013 at 2:15pm
Elavarasan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elavarasan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 1:57pm
Hi All,

I'm just tried the same to achieve the result of "run autoruns.exe against remote system " but i got an error.

I have followed the same syntax from the machine where i had psexec and autoruns ( Downloaded )

C:\PSTools>psexec \\remotehostname  -username -password autoruns -accepteula -v -e -a C:
\temp\export.arn

But couldn't achieve the result.

Can someone of you ,please correct  the error in the above command.

I just doubted at the original command \\host .. whether it is the machine machine name where i downloaded autoruns, if it is right,then the command should be executed from the remote machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic