Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v4.24 Multimonitor Support STILL Broken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v4.24 Multimonitor Support STILL Broken
    Posted: 06 January 2018 at 3:36pm
As reported with 4.23, and as far back as January 2016 here with 4.21, there appears to be (1) no way to have BgInfo display on my right (secondary) monitor only.  And (2) to preserve both halves of my single "panoramic" or Extended Desktop background.

As reported before by several users, it used to work just fine with W7.

I love this little program but can't use it. :(

I sure would like to have this issue fixed so I really can position BgInfo on any monitor while preserving the background image on all monitors.

Bill (AFE7Ret)
9-11-01 Never Forget! Freedom Is Not Free!
MS-MVP Windows and Devices for IT 2007-2018
WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 6:25am
Bill, we have begged and begged Mark to fix this. I wish Mark would post something like: "Hey! Everyone. I will be working on BGInfo the first 2 weeks in March 2018, get your questions, comments and testing systems ready. I will be in this forum everyday working on bugs and all the added features. Let's get this software up to speed and finally get it working again!"
But he looks at this software once a year if we are lucky and in some case years and years go by without any patches. I have direct emailed him many times and others in this forum have contacted him. It is a huge shame with so many people using this software that he cannot give a few weeks of time to really improve it. Just my two pents. -WS
Bill_Bright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 5:56pm
So for sure, Mark is personally aware of this issue? I mean, did he reply to your emails to at least acknowledge he is aware of the problem?

I know he's a busy guy but what I find frustrating is work is being done on the program as there have been a few updates. But multi-monitor support is still a problem. :( And what makes it more frustrating is it used to work great in W7. Now I'm a hardware technician not a programmer but it sure seems to me the fact it did work with W7 means the coding has already been developed. And all it needs is a little tweaking to get it working with W10. I can't imagine it would be a major re-write. Oh well.

"Hurry up and wait", I guess. After 24 years in the military, I know how to do that.

Thanks for your reply.
Bill (AFE7Ret)
WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 5:01am
Mark replied to me years and years ago with a canned answer ... "I will look into it" that is all I ever heard.

Agreed it would seem it would only take a bit of time to fix all the bugs. -WS
Bill_Bright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_Bright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 4:32pm
Thanks. My worry is that he is not even aware there is a problem. If only someone from Sysinternals would acknowledge they are aware of the problem, I would feel more reassured it might get addressed - some day.

Oh well. I guess we got our money's worth! Ermm
Bill (AFE7Ret)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic