Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Disk2vhd
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vhd2disk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GertFrobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 6:54pm
Bump.

Anything for converting vhdx to physical disks yet?

I have a number of vhdx images and it's impractical to convert them to vhd. Being able to go straight from vhdx to physical disk would be a huge time saver, something my company might even be interested in buying from a reliable programmer.
matrixebiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matrixebiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by GertFrobe GertFrobe wrote:

Bump.

Anything for converting vhdx to physical disks yet?

I have a number of vhdx images and it's impractical to convert them to vhd. Being able to go straight from vhdx to physical disk would be a huge time saver, something my company might even be interested in buying from a reliable programmer.
Hello, yesterday I just used : https://www.starwindsoftware.com/converter to convert my VHDX to VHD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matrixebiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 3:35pm
Hello, how can I use vhd2disk from a bootable USB stick? 

I would like to re-image my main Windows drive using a VHD file I have on an external USB drive. I tried to copy your file to a Hiren's USB but the program doesn't run from it :( 

Edited by matrixebiz - 27 July 2016 at 4:30pm
GertFrobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GertFrobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 7:10pm
I wrote:
I have a number of vhdx images and it's impractical to convert them to vhd.

matrixebiz replied:
Hello, yesterday I just used [some program] to convert my VHDX to VHD.

Let me clarify:
That means I don't want to convert them to vhd.

I want to convert a vhdx to a physical disk.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matrixebiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by GertFrobe GertFrobe wrote:

I wrote:

matrixebiz replied:
Hello, yesterday I just used [some program] to convert my VHDX to VHD.

Let me clarify:
That means I don't want to convert them to vhd.

I want to convert a vhdx to a physical disk.
Woops, I didn't read your question fully.
somainformatica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somainformatica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 6:17pm
Can anyone help Disk2vhd to run from the command line to copy all units minus the D :?
If I put Disk2vhd * c:\vhd\copia.vhd copy all units and just want to copy c: and the system partition (which has no name unit)
How you can add the unit system partition on the command line?

Thank you very much

double View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote double Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 10:31am
If the vhd file using by Hyper-v
Can I convert it to physical disk?
Ben321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2016 at 6:45am
I'm having a problem writing a VHD to my USB stick. It keeps saying I need to take the drive offline before it can write to it. And it provides me no method to do so in the program. Nor does it have any documentation that comes with it that tells me how to take the drive offline. Nor can I find info online on how to take it offline. All I can find are some things saying that in Windows you CAN'T take a drive offline (at least not using the Diskpart tool that comes with Windows). This leaves me to assume I'm supposed to use the tool in Linux (which maybe allows you to take a drive offline), but of course the actual program VHD2DISK is a Windows program, so using Linux as the OS for running the software is impossible.

And yes, I've spent HOURS using Google searching for how to take a drive offline in Windows. And I can't find ANY information on how to do it, leaving me to assume that it's impossible to do in Windows.

If it is actually possible, PLEASE post step-by-step directions on how to take a drive offline in Windows.
bobson666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobson666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:34am
I have succeed to restore vhd to usb stick on win 7 by follow step:
1. Use win7 control panel/disk manage to check your usb stick number.
2. Use usbit tool to reset usb stick, you can download from http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/
3. Run disk2vhd.exe, my ver is 0.2 32bit.
4. If you get a message: "Can't write on physical drive. .....", when disk2vhd run a while, it's because windows detect a new usb disk, created by disk2vhd. I have try mountvol /E, but not working.  you must let diskvhd not to detect new disk by following step 5.
5. Use binary tool to find and change disk2vhd.exe 32bit ver 0.2:
    find:           8b f8 85 ff 74 1b 8b 4c 24 3c 83 44 24 20 04   
    change to: 8b f8 85 ff 90 90 8b 4c 24 3c 83 44 24 20 04
    then rerun step 2 to 4

good lock!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic