Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > BgInfo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong placement of variable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodle McBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong placement of variable
    Posted: 18 August 2017 at 1:15pm
I have placed the contents of a file in the upper right corner.

Preview is correct.

What happens afterwards is that the contents is displayed twice: about at the beginning of the third 1/3 of the screen, and it appears a second time below it.

About so:

..........x.....
..........x.....

And expected is:

...............x

The resolution of my screen is 3840 x 2160. Is it too big???

Best regards,

Hartmut
Doodle McBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodle McBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 9:18am
Okay, I've found out that the problem has something to do with the scaling of the display. I had adjusted it to 150%. If I go back to 100% and apply the bginfo settings, then things work out fine. I can then even reset to 150%.

Since nobody seems to read things here, it doesn't matter anyway what I say.
WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 6:26am
@Doodle McBee  It does matter there are a few people that still watch this forum. There just may not be many that have the solution as Microsoft has really stopped supporting this software with updates. Sad really because there are so many begging for this software to be fixed. There is a HUGE list of fixes and request for options. Thanks -WS
Fooshound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fooshound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2017 at 5:36pm
@WindowStar what has replaced bginfo for this functionality? I'm being asked for this and I've really only used bginfo and it was quite a while ago.
WindowsStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindowsStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:13am
There isn't really anything good replacing this software. I have tried several replacements and they tend to be worse in so many other ways.  I wish someone would take this project and re-work it making it great. There are so many suggestions and ideas and fixes listed in this forum that we could have a really great program if someone would do the programming.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic