Sysinternals Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sysinternals Utilities > Miscellaneous Utilities
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedZoom it on Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoom it on Windows 10
    Posted: 02 August 2015 at 12:40am
I use the zoomit tool all the time and it is very useful and needed in my every day use of my computer. However i believe that there are many issues with the tool when being used on a windows 10 operating system computer.

Some issues that have occurred when i have been using the tool on windows 10 are that for the live zoom there appear to be two cursors on the screen one small and one regular size (This is the actual mouse position) then after a while of moving my mouse around they suddenly disappear and i have to zoom out again to see where it is. There are other issues with zooming in on the start menu and task bar which cause a weird visual glitch.

Basically im hoping that someone can clarify that these issues are occurring on windows 10 and it isnt just me, and also if anyone knows for a fix that would be great
retiredfields View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredfields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 12:13pm
I'm using win 10 pro 64, and I have live zoom issues also. When I first live zoom, the cursor is visible, but there are two of them. One appears to be a shadow of the other. As soon as I move the cursor over an area that has text on-screen, the cursors disappear, never to return until I zoom out.
deodatopr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deodatopr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2015 at 8:56am
I have the same problem !
alexisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2015 at 5:31am
Yep, same problem here Confused
paullew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 8:06pm
The default zoom (Ctrl 1) does not work properly on the extend desktop.
The home screen is on the left with extended screen on the right (1600x1200).
The upper left portion of the extended screen can not be zoomed regardless how
I move the mouse.

This is a new wrinkle for Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7).

Machine: Dell Studio 1737 (17 inch laptop with 1920x1200 display)

Daneshbod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daneshbod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 8:55am
same here
sjamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 9:36pm
I would love to get a solution to this annoying problem.
Chopdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 5:13pm
I am having the same problems on Window 10, plus another I have discovered.  

I teach medicine, and one of the tools I use is a question bank called UWorld.  It is a practice bank of questions for the medical boards.  The testing interface runs full screen and includes a screen capture protection when running a sample test so that students do not steal the copyrighted material.  If any software tries to capture the screen, the UWorld shuts down and the user gets a warning email.  Three occasions of this will get your account locked down.  When using the bank as a teaching tool it's of great benefit to have a screen mark-up tool.  None that I tried worked until I fount Zoomit a few years ago, any other software set off the screen capture protection.  I used it constantly until I set up a new PC with Windows 10 (I formerly was running 7). Zoomit still does not set off the screen capture protection in UWorld, but the drawing function does not work at all!  When I try, simply nothing happens beyond a cursor flicker.  So it seems to "try" to start drawing but does not.

Thought:  Has anybody tried running Zoomit in compatibility mode to fix this?  I just thought of it as I was typing this post.

I hope there will be an update to deal with the Windows 10 issues, especially the one I encountered.  

I would also like to know if anybody reading this knows of any other tool that does screen annotation without being detected as a screen capture.  Apparently Zoomit actually does this as it is never detected as a screen capture in my experience.  I really need to replace Zoomit until and unless an update fixes these problems.

Please note:  I am not circumnavigating screen capture protection to steal copyrighted material.  I just need to be able to make screen annotations when teaching individuals, live, on the fly...not saved in any way.  My students have their own UWorld accounts which they pay for, I don't have or need an account, I just help them with their questions.

Thanks for any help.
Support Open Source Education
Chopdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 5:46pm
I just tried compatibility mode and it did not change anything as far as I could tell.

However, I did discover that if I hold the ctrl+2 keys down a little longer the cursor will flicker about three times then actually change to the drawing pen tool!  It works!  So, the Zoomit drawing pen tool seems to be "fighting" against something that tries about three times to kill it then gives up or times out.

So, I have the main functionality I need.  But there are still issues with Windows 10, they just won't bother me since I don't use them.  I just need screen annotation ability.  Hopefully an update will give us full functionality again.  

Zoomit is one of those true jewels available for free that until now just plain worked and did it without bells and whistles or hogging system resources.
Support Open Source Education
magbits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magbits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2016 at 6:50pm
I experience the same type of issues and more on Windows 10. The latest issue if I try to annotate the screen after a Live Zoom the screen is erased and is black slate. Erasing the screen with either black or white is a feature of the program but it seems to be automatically triggered when trying to annotate a zoomed screen.

I would like to know if the author, Mark Russinovich, has plans and perhaps a timeline for when an update of ZoomIt for Windows 10 may be provided. It is an incredibly useful too that I use in teaching on a daily basis.

Thank you.
Thank you,
magbits

"Things should be as simple as possible but no simpler" ~ Albert Einstein (attributed)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic